LIHTC Training & HCCP Certification & Exam
The LIHTC certification course provides a thorough review of IRS regulations and guidance for anyone with responsibility for housing credit properties including site managers and other management staff, asset managers, and regulators. This course includes fundamental training for all LIHTC professionals and advanced training for developers, onsite managers, and asset managers. The HCCP exam will also be offered for those seeking the premier nationally endorsed program for LIHTC professionals. This specialized designation is for developers, property managers, asset managers and others working in the affordable housing industry through the LIHTC program. Successful HCCPs understand how the LIHTC program provides safe, decent, and affordable rental housing for so many American families.
LIHTC training includes:
- Managing an LIHTC community
- Habitability and general use requirements
- Full-time students
- Qualifying residents and households
- Determining resident eligibility
- Income and employment, what is included & not
- Income vs. assets, calculating assets, determining cash value, real estate, personal property, etc.
- Certification and re-certification: Recommendations, waivers and transfers
- Set asides, target units, lease requirements and program layering
- Ongoing compliance: File maintenance, first-year files, project information, compliance monitoring
- What is the LIHTC program: History, terms, allocation and continuing eligibility
- Development: Project-wide vs. building by building, applicable fractions, qualified basis, annual credit amount, credit period
- LIHTC program requirements: Maximum allowance incomes, IRS forms, unit vacancy and available unit rules, bonds, acquisition/rehab
- Recent updates: HUD Handbook, Audit Guide, and HERA
Please see the Registration Flyer for full details on the training available and related costs. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. on May 15th. Training held from 9:00 to 5:00 May 15th and 9:00 to 1:00 on May 16th followed by the optional HCCP Exam.